Application Procedure for Grades 1-8
The application procedure is as follows:
- Applications must be turned in to the school office as soon as possible.
- Please include a non-refundable, non-transferable check for $150.00 made out to West Portal Lutheran School.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate, most recent report card, and standardized test scores must also be attached to your application.
- A referral form from your child’s current teacher is also needed in order to complete your child’s application file. See PDF above.
Once you have turned in all of the required documents for your child, a visitation day will be scheduled for your child. During this day, members of our faculty will evaluate your child in lieu of a formal standardized evaluation.
Acceptance is based on the following:
- Established membership in West Portal Lutheran Church.
- Brothers or sisters in West Portal Lutheran School.
- Application information.
- Pre-school evaluation.
Due within two weeks of acceptance is a $1000.00 non-refundable, non-transferable tuition deposit which is applied to the first month’s tuition and which guarantees your child’s space for the ensuing year.
We are currently full for Grades 4, 5, and 7 for 2017-18.
Please note: All 1st Grade applicants must be six years old by September 1 of their 1st Grade year.